Using scientific method and the application of engineering principles we perform biomechanical incident reconstruction and investigate collision and non-collision incidents.
The injuries, design of the apparatus on which injury occurred, and environmental factors are all taken into consideration.
GTD Scientific has expertise in evaluating incidents and their associated injuries. Engineering mechanics and biomechanics can be used to reconstruct the incident which is useful in un-witnessed events or in cases that involve conflicts of witness testimony.
Incident reconstruction uses similar tools as other reconstruction techniques. However, with biomechanical expertise we add sources of information such as medical records and medical imaging films. While mechanical engineers analyze event dynamics, medical professionals diagnose and treat injuries, biomechanical engineers determine the forces, torques, and injury mechanisms that created the injuries.
- Vehicle-Pedestrian Incidents
- Occupant Kinematics
- Root-Cause Analysis
- Vehicle Incidents, Including Motorcycles
- Pre-Crash Speed, Time and Distance
- Collision Severity and Resulting Injuries
- Falls and Diving Injuries
- Protective or Safety Equipment Investigations
- Sport and Sports Equipment Related Incidents
- Mechanical Equipment Incidents or Events